- Posted by John on November 17, 2014
Speakers announced for OpenCon 2014: London - Nov 26th, Imperial College
The speakers have now been announced for OpenCon 2014: London! Check out the amazing line up, and we look forward to seeing you there on November 26th.
OpenCon 2014 is the student and early career researcher conference on Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data. This event will feature leading speakers from across the Open movement, including a combination of live speakers and videos from the OpenCon 2014 USA event, interspersed with interactive group discussions themed around the session topic.
OpenCon 2014: London is a half-day event being held at Imperial College, with discussions continuing at a nearby pub/restaurant in the evening.
Session 1: Open Education & Open Data
- Jon Tennant (Palaeontologist and science blogger) and Dr Ross Mounce (Evolutionary biologist, OKFN Panton Fellow): The current state of Open Data and its relevance to the biological sciences.
- Dr Eva Amsen (Outreach Director at F1000 Research, co-founder of MySciCareer): Open Peer Review as an educational resource.
Session 2: Open Access
- Professor Stephen Curry (Professor of Structural Biology at Imperial, writer for The Guardian science blogs): The pressure to publish in 'high impact' journals, and the implications for Open Access.
- Joe McArthur (Assistant Director of the Right to Research Coalition and co-founder of the Open Access Button): How to find out more about Open Access, and how to get involved in research sharing initiatives.
- Location: The Huxley Building, Imperial College London
- Date: Nov 26th
- Time: 12:30 - 17:00 (conference), 17:30 - 21:30 (evening event)
Places are limited so please register for your free ticket to book your place!
Sign up for a free account and receive regular updatesRegistrer
Start writing now!Create A New Paper
Overleaf is GratisNew to LaTeX?
Start with a template